Historic Rome – Private Tour
At a glance:
- We begin the tour with Rome’s greatest engineering accomplishment: the Colosseum. Once inside we will wander around the amphitheatre on several levels and learn about the history of the building.
- We then walk up ancient Via Sacra to the Roman Forum, whith its beautiful architecture.
- A few steps away from the Capitoline Hill, known locally as “Campidoglio”, and Michelangelo’s piazza, enjoy stunning views of ancient Rome and the grand history all around.
- From there, a lovely stroll takes us to Piazza Navona and the Fountain of the Four Rivers by Bernini as well as Borromini’s Church of St. Agnes towers above it.
- Our next port of call is the beautiful Trevi Fountain where you will learn about the abundance of spring water and magnificent fountains in Rome and Roman aqueducts.
- Close nearby, we walk on to the once-pagan Pantheon, which today is a Catholic Church. The dome and oculus are a masterpiece of engineering which has stood intact for over 2,000 years.
- Priority skip-the-line Colosseum tickets
- Licensed private Rome tour guide
- Private Colosseum inside tour
- Private Roman Forum tour
- Private ancient Rome tour
- Private Rome city centre tour
- Taxi transfer to/from the train station
- Round-trip train tickets to Rome
The fine print
- Historic Rome is fundamentally a walking tour; however, one or two short taxi rides may be necessary which are not included in tour cost.
- For security reasons, backpacks, rucksacks, large handbags, luggage etc. are banned inside the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill.
- Check our FAQs here for more details.
- The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the experience, which may vary over time.