Historic Rome – Private Tour
At a glance:
- We begin the tour with Rome’s greatest engineering accomplishment: the Colosseum. Once inside we will wander around the amphitheatre on several levels and learn about the history of the building.
- We then walk up ancient Via Sacra to the Roman Forum, whith its beautiful architecture.
- A few steps away from the Capitoline Hill, known locally as “Campidoglio”, and Michelangelo’s piazza, enjoy stunning views of ancient Rome and the grand history all around.
- From there, a lovely stroll takes us to Piazza Navona and the Fountain of the Four Rivers by Bernini as well as Borromini’s Church of St. Agnes towers above it.
- Our next port of call is the beautiful Trevi Fountain where you will learn about the abundance of spring water and magnificent fountains in Rome and Roman aqueducts.
- Close nearby, we walk on to the once-pagan Pantheon, which today is a Catholic Church. The dome and oculus are a masterpiece of engineering which has stood intact for over 2,000 years.
The fine print