In-Depth Vatican – Private Tour
At a glance:
- The visit begins with the visit to a magnificent Vatican Museums and its most important galleries inside. You’ll also get access to several lesser known rooms of equal or greater magnificence, including Courtyard of the Pinecone, Chiaramonti Museums, Pio-Clementine Museum (Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Animals, Room of the Muses, Round Room, Greek Cross Room), Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, Raphael Rooms (of Constantine, Heliodorus, Signature, and Room of the Fire in the Borgo), Immaculate Conception and Sobieski Rooms in the Apartment of Pius V, Borgia Apartment, Egyptian Museum.
- From the Sistine Chapel, you’ll have right of way through a special exit which leads directly into St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Upon arriving to the church, your guide will discuss Michelangelo’s beautiful Pietà and dome, Bernini’s bronze Baldacchino and Holy Altar, sculpted Papal funerary monuments, and then proceed to explain the history of how the building as it appears today came into being.
- The Vatacombs (Papal Tombs beneath St. Peter’s, not the Vatican Necropolis) are included if your tour departs in the morning, and you’ll see the Crypt of St. Peter from above.
- The tour concludes at the portico, where you’ll learn aboutthe Swiss Guard and Vatican City State.
- Availability: Daily, except on Wednesday
- Priority skip-the-line Vatican tickets
- Licensed private Vatican tour guide
- Vatican City tour with a private guide
- Vatican Museums tour with a private guide
- Sistine Chapel tour with a private guide
- St. Peter’s Basilica tour with a private guide
- Taxi transfer to/from the train station
- Round-trip train tickets to Rome
The fine print
- Please note that because of Covid-19, schedules and availability may vary over time. In compliance with the current regulations, we reserve the right to double-check with our collaborators first before confirming a reservation.
- Check our FAQs here for more details.
- The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the experience, which may vary over time.