See the best of Rome on this private Rome in a Day tour with expert guides. You will explore the most important sights in Rome in a full-day tour of history, art, architecture, and archeology with a couple of refreshment stops along the way!
Duration: approx. 7 hours
Availability: Mon – Sat. Not available on Sunday and public holidays
- The tour will start with the visit of the Vatican Museums, Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muses, Round Room, Greek Cross Room, Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, Raphael Rooms, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and St. Peter’s Basilica.
- After lunch you’ll skip-the-line into the Colosseum, where you will be told about its origins and history. Then you will reach the ancient Roman Forum and Capitoline Hill, which includes all the main basilicas and temples in the area.
- You will take a walk into the historic centre with breaks on Piazza Navona, beside the Trevi fountain, and in front of the ancient Pantheon, during which your guide will relate the fascinating story of Rome’s Field of Mars.
This tour includes:
- Priority skip-the-line Colosseum tickets;
- Licensed private Rome tour guide;
- Private Colosseum inside tour
- Private Roman Forum tour
- Private ancient Rome tour
- Private Rome city centre tour
- Priority skip-the-line Vatican tickets
- Licensed private Vatican tour guide
- Private Vatican City tour
- Private Vatican Museums tour
- Private Sistine Chapel tour
- Private St. Peter’s Basilica tour
- Taxi transfer to the train station
- Return train tickets to Rome
The fine print
- Rome in a Day is fundamentally a walking tour; however, one or two short taxi rides may be necessary which are not included in tour cost.
- For security reasons, backpacks, rucksacks, large handbags, luggage etc. are banned inside the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill.
- Please let us know in advance if you have a specific food lifestyle and/or allergies. In most places we can easily cater for vegetarians. For vegans, pregnant women and those avoiding gluten, we can’t always guarantee suitable menus. If you have specific allergies, we can check with our vendors regarding nuts or other allergens in their products. However we cannot guarantee that foods will not have come into contact with allergens, so please do exercise your judgment accordingly.
Ref.: Rome in a Day: Private