Rome in a Day – Shared Tour is the sensible way to immerse yourself in the magic and history of Rome and the Vatican City with local expert guides. Tour the city’s most historic sights, including Colosseum, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Vatican City as part of a small group for a more intimate experience.
What does ‘shared’ mean?
Your party will not have a dedicated private guide but you’ll share a guide with others.
This means that when you reach some of the attractions, you’ll join a group of other visitors. These may not have booked with us but don’t worry, your spot is reserved and you don’t have to wait in line. You’ll only have to either show the voucher or tell the ticket desk your name. The group you’ll join can be up to 30 people but not larger than that.
Duration: approx. 7 hours
Apr 1 – Nov 3: daily exc. Sun
Nov 4 – Mar 31: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat.
Tour does not run on public holidays
- Your small group Rome and Vatican tours begin in the morning with a tour of the Vatican including the Pio-Clementine Museum, Room of the Muses, the Round Room, the Greek Cross Room, Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, Raphael’s Rooms and the omnipotent Sistine Chapel.
- Thereafter we make our way outside to St. Peter’s Square where the tour concludes.
- “Skip-the-line” access to St. Peter’s Basilica will be provided by the guide should you wish to visit the basilica on your own.
- In the afternoon you will have the chance to admire the famous Colosseum. In the Roman Forum, surrounded by majestic, ruined temples, you will learn about ancient Rome and the rapid growth of the Roman Empire before it’s eventual, inevitable demise.
- Then you will reach the gleaming Trevi Fountain, reflected in the crystal clear waters which fall over and around the majestic, mythical men and beasts which adorn the structure.
- The Pantheon, a pagan temple in ancient times and final resting place of Raphael Sanzio from Urbino, Vittorio Emanuele II, and Umberto I, is your next destination.
- A few steps on and we arrive at Piazza Navona, the Circus of Domitian in antiquity where fierce rivals Gian Lorenzo Bernini (Fountain of the Four Rivers) and Francesco Borromini (Church of St Agnes in Agony) clashed through their representations of Baroque art.
This tour includes:
- Licensed Rome tour guide
- Licensed Vatican tour guide
- Skip-the-line Colosseum tickets
- Skip-the-line Vatican tickets
- Colosseum inside tour
- Vatican tour
- Roman Forum tour
- Vatican Museums tour
- Ancient Rome tour
- Sistine Chapel tour
- Rome city center tour
- Peter’s Basilica access
- Any kind of transfer (be it from Rome train station to the first meeting point or from the Vatican to the second part of the tour starting at the Colosseum or back to Rome train station once the tour ends)
- Return train tickets for Rome
The fine print
- For security reasons, backpacks, rucksacks, large handbags, luggage etc. are banned inside the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
- Please let us know in advance if you have a specific food lifestyle and/or allergies. In most places, we can easily cater for vegetarians. For vegans, pregnant women and those avoiding gluten, we can’t always guarantee suitable menus. If you have specific allergies, we can check with our vendors regarding nuts or other allergens in their products. However we cannot guarantee that foods will not have come into contact with allergens, so please do exercise your judgment accordingly.
Ref.: Rome in a Day Small Group