Vatican & Sistine Chapel – Private Tour is a fully private and exclusive Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel tour with an official guide.
Duration: approx. 3.5 hours
Availability: Daily exc. Sun. Tour does not run on public holidays
You’ll skip the Vatican lines with priority entrance into the Vatican Museums, including the Pinecone courtyard, Greek and Roman sculpture in the Belvedere courtyard, Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, Rooms of Raphael, and the Sistine Chapel with it’s incredible restored frescoes painted by Michelangelo.
You’ll wander through silent chambers which have come to be known as the Vatacombs (Papal sarcophagi beneath St. Peter’s) and then enter the Basilica, the largest Christian Church in the World. Therein you’ll behold Michelangelo’s Sculpture of La Pietà, the Bronze Baldacchino and Holy Altar by Bernini, sculpted Papal funerary monuments, the famous Swiss Guard, St. Peter’s facade and vast piazza.
This tour includes:
- Priority skip-the-line Vatican tickets
- Licensed private Vatican tour guide
- Private Vatican City tour
- Private Vatican Museums tour
- Private Sistine Chapel tour
- Private St. Peter’s Basilica tour
- Taxi transfer to the train station
- Return train tickets for Rome
Ref: Private Vatican & Sistine Chapel