Day Trip to Pompeii by Car is a fully private Pompeii tour from Rome by limousine with optional Amalfi sightseeing.
Duration: approx. 10 hours
Availability: Daily, except on Sundays. Tour does not run on public holidays.
The trip can start either from Rome or the Amalfi coast. You’ll travel by private car to the ruined city of Pompeii. Here you will take a two-hour guided walking tour and learn about what really happened almost 1,950 years ago. You will see intricate frescoes, colourful mosaic floors, the Dancing Fawn, and petrified bodies. Wander around ancient cobbled streets in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius.
Afterwards, you’ll head to a restaurant for lunch.
Time permitting, you’ll be driven down the spectacular Amalfi coastline for wonderful views of the Gulf of Naples. More often than not, this involves an extension of the allotted tour time. Your driver will then escort you back to Rome or your accommodation on the Amalfi coast.
- Limo transfer to Pompeii from Rome
- Priority skip-the-line Pompeii tickets
- Licensed Pompeii tour guide
- Pompeii tour
- Amalfi coast drive with sightseeing
- Transfer from the Amalfi coast to Rome (or your accommodation on the Amalfi coast)
- Taxi transfer to the train station
- Return train tickets for Rome