Five days to journey through ten centuries. Thanks to history lessons, interviews and panels, the most important Italian and European historians, along with writers, journalists and showmen narrate in an “easy” way and an exciting one thousand years of history, from the fall of the Roman Empire to the discovery of America (476-1492).
All meetings are free and admission free.
The Festival is enriched by many side events (exhibitions, re-enactments, films, concerts, shows, role-playing games and guided tours) among which some fixed appointments stand out:
– Medieval Book Fair. All you need to read and know to learn more about the Middle Ages. The major Italian publishers and smaller presses will bring their best books on the topic.
– Miniaturists and calligraphers from all over the world. The Middle Ages and the future meet in an event dedicated to modern amanuensis art.
– Medieval market. The medieval craftsmanship presented by the best national exhibitors in a philologically correct manner.
– A roundtable of the Web. A specific event dedicated to websites specialized in the Middle Ages.
– Kids club. Games, readings, art workshops and design courses reserved for children.
For more information head over to www.festivaldelmedioevo.it or contact us to get up-to-date programs and/or purchase tickets, arrange car transfers, book a restaurant table and to assist you further.